Back to Main Page Thanks a lot for your interest in translating Open Food Facts (website interface, mobile applications) in new languages and/or improving the existing translations!
- 1 Translation workflow
- 2 Pages to translate (in order of impact)
- 3 News / Announcements etc.
- We use 2 tools to add translations to Open Food Facts: this wiki and Launchpad. Launchpad requires a separate account (or an OpenId account) which takes 30 seconds to create.
- Please join your local channel on Slack and the #translation channel so that we can coordinate.
- You can log in on the wiki (first login on Open Food Facts and you can then login on the wiki automatically) and edit the wiki pages to add/correct translations.
Pages to translate (in order of impact)
High Priority Translations
- Translations - Slogan
- Translations - Index page
- Translations - Discover page
- Translations - Contribute page
- Web interface common to Open Food Facts and Open Beauty Facts
- Web interface specific to Open Food Facts
- Translations - Names of nutrients
- Translations - Mobile Apps - App Store Listings
- Translations - Mobile Apps
Taxonomies to Translate
Taxonomies make Open Food Facts work like magic. They are our way to organize information and automatically make sense of products. This will enable :
- Suggestions in your language, to make contribution faster
- Autodetection of categories, enabling worldwide comparison between food.
- Multilingual products automatically translated to your language (if the item in the taxonomy is translated to your language)
High priority taxonomies (ranked)
- Global labels taxonomy
- Global states taxonomy (easy and short one)
- Global categories taxonomy
- Global countries taxonomy
- Global additives taxonomy
- Global allergens taxonomy
- Global labels taxonomy logos
- Ingredients taxonomy
- Test taxonomy showing the basic taxonomy definition features
- Global brands and companies taxonomy
- Translations - How to add a product
- Translations - Frequently Asked Questions
- Translations - Press
- Translations - Code of conduct
- Translations - Open Food Hunt
- Translations - Marketing (posters, logos…)
- Translations - Data
- Translations - Missions
Pages for special operations that could be localized
Advanced Country Support
Let Open Food Facts better handle specifities of various countries and areas, such as labels, specific foods…
- Packaging taxonomy
- Global Religious Certification taxonomy
- Food Preparation taxonomy (related to Project:Microwave)
- Global IGP taxonomy