<<Back to Main Page.
Thanks a lot for your interest in translating Open Food Facts (website interface, mobile applications) in new languages and/or improving the existing translations!
- 1 Translation workflow
- 2 Pages to translate (in order of impact)
- 2.1 High Priority Translations
- 2.2 Taxonomies to Translate
- 2.3 Less important
- 2.4 So you've translated everything ?
- 2.5 Pages for special operations that could be localized
- 2.6 Advanced Country Support
- 2.7 Draft Taxonomies
- 2.8 Old, for reference only
- 3 News / Announcements etc.
- We use 2 tools to add translations to Open Food Facts: this wiki and Crowdin.
- https://translate.openfoodfacts.org Start translating
- For wiki based translations: You can log in on the wiki (first login on Open Food Facts and you can then login on the wiki automatically) and edit the wiki pages to add/correct translations.
Also: Please join your local channel on Slack and the #translation channel so that we can coordinate.
Pages to translate (in order of impact)
High Priority Translations
Taxonomies to Translate
Taxonomies make Open Food Facts work like magic. They are our way to organize information and automatically make sense of products. This will enable :
- Suggestions in your language, to make contribution faster
- Autodetection of categories, enabling worldwide comparison between food.
- Multilingual products automatically translated to your language (if the item in the taxonomy is translated to your language)
High priority taxonomies (ranked)
- Global labels taxonomy
- Global states taxonomy (easy and short one)
- Global categories taxonomy
- Global countries taxonomy
- Global additives taxonomy
- Global allergens taxonomy
- Test taxonomy showing the basic taxonomy definition features
So you've translated everything ?
Pages for special operations that could be localized
Advanced Country Support
Let Open Food Facts better handle specifities of various countries and areas, such as labels, specific foods…
- Global packaging taxonomy
- Global Religious Certification taxonomy
- Global Food Preparation taxonomy (related to Project:Microwave)
- Global IGP taxonomy
Old, for reference only
News / Announcements etc.