Log on Open Food Facts food products that are not sold anymore and were on sale there 5 years, 10 years , 20 years ago. Our Archaeology Project aims to reach or go beyond a 100 years !
- Comparison of old products with existing products : ingredients etc. .
- In a thousand years : so that our descendants know what we ate
- Agamitsudo (interested in the project)
- You ?
Where to find the products (or product photos)
- Museums (museums of manufacturers for example)
- Flea markets ( products such as tins of cakes, teas , etc.).
- People who have not been cleaning in their closet for 30 years
- Wikimedia Commons and other banks of free images
- Not easy to find pictures with ingredient lists etc…
- In the wild !
- In addition it can clean it at the same time :-)
- sardines in tomato red Pompon 1994
Involve new participants
Categories for the Project
Some sample products
Development of the project
- Run the project with a competition such as "the oldest product", "the oldest product found in a flea market", "the oldest product found in nature," "the oldest product found in a garage", "the oldest product, whose use has been hijacked ( bottle lamp, tin pot pencils, etc. . )
- Focus on a particular category to begin with?
Make a list of changes
A product or brand may have logos that evolved (or their visual identities ) .