Code of conduct
- 1 Area Concerned:
- 2 Example rules from other coc
- 3 Historical account of behaviour on OFF
- 4 consult the contributors
- 5 A meaningful and powerful but also simple and short CoC
- The database itself.
- The website, wiki and other ressource available at http://openfoodfacts.org .
- The presentations: Both the act and the ressource.
- The mialing lists and email communications.
- The 3rd party communication tool such as slack, github, trello, twitter.
Example rules from other coc
I found 2 different code of conduct. Both have discussion suround them.
It is not enfored as far as I can tell. The closest document to a CoC I could find is well hidden as a ban policy text.
They refer to their CoC a lot in mailing list and other online communication tool. It states to be a "guide to make it easier to be excellent to each other." It is in use, but fail to deliver a way to report breach.
This CoC is aimed at a phisical event, not online communication. It feature both a attendee and staff procedure.
Contributor Covenant's case
This is a generic CoC that we could reuse as is. It aim to be a standart, the same way licence are standars (as far as I understand the project goal)
Ada Initiative's case
Historical account of behaviour on OFF
There might or might not have been behaviour where a code of conduct and a way to repport breach would be beneficial to resolve the issue at hand.
Since there isn't a way to repport breach of conduct, people possibly affected by a breach could have just keep it to themselves.
As far as historical bad behaviour on OFF, there isn't information available.
- An inclusive statement
- A list of what we think is not allowed
- What happens when you break the code
- How to repport something that break the code
- On github repo
- On the website
- On the mailing list footer (link to)
consult the contributors
We should ask how people feel about adding a CoC. We can ask them via:
- Ask our twitter follower
- Ask our facebook follower
- Ask as part of the survey
A meaningful and powerful but also simple and short CoC
A draft of the CoC